Don’t pay more in taxes than you have to! Take full advantage of all deductions and credits with our tax planning, compliance, and preparation services.
Lake Stevens Tax Service prepares hundreds of tax returns each year and will be pleased to have you select us for your return preparation. Many of our clients have been coming to us literally for generations. We take the responsibility of preparing your tax return seriously and will make every effort to get you the most favorable outcome.
All appointments are scheduled in advance so be sure to schedule your appointment today. Every year we fill up the appointment schedule, so the sooner you contact the office the better selection of an appointment date and time you will be offered.
Understanding Your Situation
We take the time to learn about your unique situation and your future plans to help prepare your return and to help you prepare for future tax-related decisions in your life.
We have a commercial software program to enable us to expertly prepare your return and to adapt this to the IRS requirements for E-filing procedures.
Unlike other tax services, we prepare the return right in front of you during your appointment. We make sure the return is right as we proof all returns with you present and complete most of those return while you are here in attendance. We will take that stress out of filing a return and try to make your appointment the most enjoyable experience possible.
E-File & Direct Deposit
You will usually know the outcome of the return prior to leaving the appointment. We can E-file that return the same day and have the IRS directly deposit that refund (hope so) into your bank account within 7-10 days.
Are you one of those people that have not filed a return for years? The IRS does not go away. For whatever reason you have for not filing those returns, we can assist you in being compliant with the regulations.
- The IRS has a statue of limitations for getting a refund from prior years and we know those rules.
- The IRS may have also contacted you for non-compliance with filing requirements. We can help you answer those letters and respond with the proper response.
- Does the tax return preparation simply scare you as so many rules and regulation you are simply lost in the procedure of filing that return? We can help you with explaining your options and getting it done properly and quickly.
We are a full service operation and will try to educate you and assist you in having you compliant with the IRS filing rules so you can sleep better at night. We can also help with cases where you need to re-file returns from previous years if your situation warrants.
We have been doing hundreds of tax returns every year and have experience in helping people file tax returns for previous years.
Contact the office today as time is of the essence to have this taken care of to possible avoid any liens and levys the IRS might be considering.
Hate to use that scary word “AUDIT” but it is happening ever more frequently due to the advancement of digital tax filings and data mining. The IRS can audit you in several ways.
- Send you a computer audit known as a CP2000 with 30 days to respond.
- Send you a letter wanting the verification of certain deductions you took.
- Schedule a “face-to-face” audit of your returns.
The IRS is sending out almost 400,000 letter audit EACH MONTH. Although your chances of being the “lucky one” are still slim, you should know what to do if they contact you. You have rights and we know those rights you have.
- Do you know your taxpayer bill of rights as granted to you by Congress?
- Did you know that you can hire someone to represent you?
- Did you know that you do not have to talk to the IRS if they contact you?
- Did you know it is extremely difficult for the IRS to subpoena you?
- Do you know how to respond properly to each type of audit possible?
Not anyone can represent you if needed! Attorneys, CPA’s and Enrolled Agents can represent you if needed. As Enrolled Agents, Lake Stevens Tax Service can! We take numerous classes each year for client representation services to stay informed of the ever-changing rules and regulations and your appeal rights.
Do not hesitate to contact us anytime you have been contacted by “them”.
Each year we prepare over one hundred returns for members of local police and fire departments. Through our large client base, we are experienced in maximizing specific job-related deductions that most tax prepares don’t even know about!
Over past years of tax return preparation, we have obtained copies of several of various police department’s handbook policies. We have used these policies of required job duties to justify numerous tax deductions seldom known or used on tax returns.
The IRS states that you are entitled to special deductions which can save on your tax bill!
Do you know all the deductions available for you? We do!
- What about claiming grooming standards?
- What about eating meals while on the job?
- Did you know that some departments can deduct eating out?
- How about all those extra items you purchase for work?
We have a list of police and firefighters expenses to help you total all those extra costs associated with your job. We prepare over 100 police and firefighter returns so we know what we are doing and are happy to have you as part of our client list.